Need Help Building a Restaurant Directory

Go down

Need Help Building a Restaurant Directory

Post  RJA on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm

One of my "hobbies" is a website designed to provide information about diving around the entire Baja Peninsula. The site is http://www.BajaDivers.com and it includes, among other things, a 'Dine in Baja' section. Since I've only been in La Paz a little over a month, the current restaurant listing for La Paz is severly lacking and I would like your help updating/expanding it. Please post your favorite places here, for members of the La Paz Living forum to enjoy and I'll secretly "borrow" the information for my own site! Very Happy (Shhh, don't tell the Admin)

P.S. If you're into social networking, you can find Baja Divers at twitter.com/BajaDivers, Facebook.com/BajaDivers and MySpace.com/BajaDivers
RJA

View user profile http://www.rjarcher.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Need Help Building a Restaurant Directory

Post  Alan on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 am

My favorite is still Tres Virgennes. Marino Azul out at Costa Baja is also very good. Still hooked on the arrecherra tacos at Rancho Viejo. Banditos for outdoor dining on burgers is always fun but way too much mayo.

Alan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Restaurants

Post  bajarickster on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:47 pm

For pizza, I love Toscana which has now moved and is in front of Tequila's just behind Applebees. For meat and steaks, you can't beat Estancia Uraguay. I't exactly 8 blocks north of Cinco De Mayo on Revolution. It's in a blue grey house on the corner. You can eat indoor or outdoor. I prefer the latter, since I can watch owner BBQ. It's a very unique style. Ask to see all the beef cuts. Owner will gladly put them on a platter for display. They have a type of New York that is about 3 inches thick and as big as a man's shoe. Takes about 40 minutes for medium rare because he cooks on the side, not flat. My wife and I split it, then make taco's the next night and still have enough left over for a 3rd lunch. He uses a special clear bbq spray. He also has beef ribs that are 2 feet long. Also great Lasagna, south American style. Meals come with salad and baked, fried or mashed potato's. Very in expensive and great service and bar. We're usually the only ones there, but we go early at 7. I think they're closed on Mon.
Also like La Panga at Marina Palmira where you can eat directly on the water. Good menu.
Can't beat Jesse's Tres Virgentes and Bufalo BBQ both on Madera just south of Aramburo Market. Also Ajibi, 1 block north of Cinco de mayo on Revolution, on the left. Exxcellent lamb chops!! Also Rustico for pizza and Italian.

For sports and good bar food, including great burgers, go to Tailhunter on the Malacon. For fun American style breakfasts, go to The Dock Cafe at Marina de La Paz. Lastly if you're in for a short drive, The Marlin between Chametla and El Centenarrio. Pam's open for breackfast lunch and dinner and generally does a full style American turkey dinner for Thansgiving and Christmas! Hope this helps and I hope it get's additional responses since we're always looking for new places

bajarickster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tailhunters

Post  Jonathan on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Baja Rick!

I was just referred to your site and pleasantly surprised to see we got a mention. Mil gracias. I"ve been here in town 15 years running my fishing fleet and had the restaurant now since the beginning of May. Thank you for the shout. Come by and introduce yourself sometime. Have a safe and happy Christmas season. Welcome to town. Nice site!

Jonathan Roldan
Tailhunter Fishing Fleet
Tailhunter Bar
755 Obregon on the Malecon
La Paz BCS Mx

Jonathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

32 restaurants ... and growing

Post  RJA on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks to your input, the restaurant directory at BajaDivers.com (click Dine in Baja, then cick La Paz, near the bottom) now has 32 of your favorite places. I think I have every establishment listed that was mentioned on this forum, but if I missed any, please let me know. This has been an interesting task because so few of the restaurants have web sites and most of them don't advertise in the yellow pages. I did my best with the copy but information was hard to come by!

Last edited by RJA on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
RJA

View user profile http://www.rjarcher.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 pm

Good job, Rick. Thanks. Here's the page from our website: http://www.tailhunter-international.com/tienda.htm

Make sure you introduce yourself if you come by.

Feliz Navidad
Jonathan Roldan
Tailhunter Fishing Fleet
Tailhunter Restaurant Bar

Jonathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Restaurant recommendation

Post  la paz rentals on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:33 am

I would like to suggest the new "Captain Tony's Wine Bar & Grill" on the little mall area next to La Perla. Captain Tony's is the home of the $1.99 breakfast (25 pesos). Other great deal also. Great food and great prices.

la paz rentals

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dittos

Post  la paz rentals on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:57 pm

Dittos to the others that mentioned Tailhunter and Rancho Viejo. Both are my favorites and I highly recommend them Jill and Jonathan do a wonderful job. Congrats to them.

la paz rentals

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Restaurants

Post  lucinda on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:22 am

I like the Bismark -- great almejas chocolata and seafood tacos!

lucinda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down